Welcome to the Can:Do Classroom
The Can:Do Classroom brings our experts to your classroom in the form of a FREE comprehensive national curriculum schools based education program that teaches South Australian primary school children about social inclusion, noise induced hearing loss, and Australian Sign Language (Auslan).
This program encompasses:
- Disability awareness and social inclusion
- Increasing inclusion for all people with all disabilities.
- Deaf awareness and Auslan
- Understanding of basic Auslan and understanding of Deaf culture.
- Hearing health and protection
- Demonstrating the importance of protecting your hearing and showing the effects of loud noise associated with activities such as using a Personal Music Players.
Why explore our three focus areas?
- Relate directly to children’s lives
- Build awareness of the causes of hearing loss
- Encourage an understanding of the challenges faced by young people with sensory impairments or disability
- Introduce Auslan (Australian Sign Language)
Why engage in our lessons?
- Links to the Australian Curriculum
- Flexible and adaptable
- Lessons will spark ideas in a range of learning areas
- Printable, accessible and ready to use
- Children are active participants in their learning